Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Farewell to Bolivia

I took off my aguayo tinted glasses a couple months ago because I began to realize that my time in Bolivia was coming to an end. It was a slightly painful realization to know that more than a year and half had gone by, and the preparation to move back the USA had to begin if I wanted the transition to go smoothy. 

While I start the transition, I am attempting to be present in Bolivia for the last week and half of my time here. I recently had my goodbye party with my partner organization. My favorite highlight of the party was the arrival of my Bolivian "dad", German Perez. I lived with German part time for the first 16 months or so I was working in Bolivia. We had spent many hours together working, talking, joking, all while using both of ours second language. I had so many words of appreciation for him during the goodbye party that they all got muddled up in to just a few words. 

I would like to say thank you for all those that have been supporting me from far away and from close by! I also hope that you guys have learned a little bit about the reality of Bolivia and the life of a volunteer worker. Below are a few pictures of the last couple months of time in Bolivia. 

German and I after the goodbye party. The community of Totorani gave me a "Chuspa"; the knitted bag around my neck. Most people use the bag to store coca or money. A very cherished memory! 

A final picture with twins that attend the after school program I volunteered at the last few months. 

Cesar, my coworker at the after school program for kids that have a parent/guardian in the prison system. 

The kids I helped at the after school program. I mainly helped them with English homework.

Edgar and I. He was my coworker/friend in the agriculture project I worked the first year and half in Bolivia. We spent a lot of time together. I will truly miss him. 

Tigre Delta, Argentina with my lovely girlfriend, Hady!


No comments:

Post a Comment